The main Research & Development areas are:
- Theoretical Physics and Mathematical Physics
- High Energy Physics and Astrophysics
- Astroparticle Physics and Cosmology
- Microgravity, Space Dynamics and Nanosatellits
- Solar-terrestrial interactions, magnetosphere physics and magnetosphere, solar wind and ionosphere-thermosphere coupling.
- Fundamental dynamic processes in collisionless plasmas; relationship to astrophysical and laboratory plasmas.
- Planetary and interplanetary disturbances and hazard in connection with space weather and electromagnetic phenomena associated with terrestrial tectonics.
- Development of experiments and equipments embarked on cosmic vehicles, in-flight calibration and associated software tools development.
- Advanced analysis and numerical simulation techniques with application to satellite data and images treatment; advanced methods for time series analysis.
- Distributed and Parallel Computing for Space and Ground-based Research and Applications
- Human Performance and Space Biophysics, Biology and Medicine studies and experiments in benefit of Human Spaceflight and for societal terrestrial spin-off.
- Space Technologies Applications for Humans and Communitarian Health and Safety in critical situations on Earth.
- Systems Engineering and Knowledge Management applied to space-related activities.
This post is also available in: Romanian