As a dog owner, finding the right kennel for your furry friend can be a daunting task. It is common for dog owners to leave their pets in kennels when traveling or unable to care for them. However, it is important to have a proper agreement in place before dropping off your beloved pet.
A dog kennel agreement is a legal document between the owner and the kennel. It outlines the terms and conditions of the care provided by the kennel during the dog’s stay. This agreement is important to protect both the owner and the kennel in case of any damages or incidents that may occur while the dog is in their care.
Before signing a dog kennel agreement, it is essential to read and understand all the terms of the agreement. Some of the most important things to consider include:
1. Health Requirements: Ensure that the kennel requires proof of vaccinations and any other necessary health requirements to avoid any potential health issues for your pet.
2. Booking and Cancellation Policies: Understand the kennel’s booking and cancellation policies to avoid any penalties or fees in case of changes to your travel plans.
3. Food and Nutrition: Find out what type of food the kennel provides and if they allow you to bring your dog’s food. Additionally, inform the kennel of any specific dietary requirements your dog may have.
4. Exercise and Safety: Ensure that the kennel provides adequate exercise and playtime for your dog. Additionally, find out the safety measures in place to avoid any injuries or accidents.
5. Liability and Insurance: Make sure the kennel has liability insurance to cover any damages that may occur while your dog is in their care.
In conclusion, a dog kennel agreement is a critical document that every dog owner should have before leaving their pet at a kennel. It outlines all agreements and expectations, ensuring that both the owner and the kennel understand their respective responsibilities. Therefore, it is essential to read and understand all terms of the agreement before signing it and leaving your furry friend in the hands of a kennel.